Wednesday 15 February 2023

Lets turn this boat around

Some of you know I love boating. I can't remember a time, I didn't love being around boats.  We lived on lake Washington, close to Seattle and it was always full of all kinds of boats.

Well now, we live close to the Columbia river and it to is always full of boats. In the winter the fishermen are out there and spring and summer bring the boat nuts.

This is my supra, just love her.

The Columbia River, floods every spring as the mountains shed their snowpack. That leads to a lot of trees, and junk being dumped into the river, making it pretty dangerous to boat. so, this one year, we figured it was pretty safe to go out and were heading down river toward the damn, when we came upon a bunch of logs! We made a very quick turn around, just lucky we spotted them before we were on them.

I started thinking of how that incident relates to what I am living now. floating along actually hitting those logs.  If I don't change, I am going to end up one of those miserable old women you hear about. I don't want to be an old woman looking out the window, watching life go by. I have one of those as a neighbor.  

I need to turn this boat around and sail in my better waters. I need to see this day as a possibility. I am replacing the words "Have to" with the words "Get to". 

Instead of seeing things as a burden I will try to see them as an opportunity.  The view you get from a boat, is a view, you are not going to get when you are on dry land, Same object, just different view. 


So today, I will see what I will get to do, see how the day unfolds, with all the wonderful opportunities.

6 comments:

  1. It's nice that you have good thoughts about the days ahead, Nonie. It's easy to feel down with all the disappointments that we sometimes face in our lives, but it's good that you want to get past that, and start to see all the possibilities. These are really nice photos. I'm not much of a boat or water person, but my heart does sing while I'm spending time in the mountains.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheri, it isn't easy just necessary, oh I love the mountains also especially, when hiking to visit a waterfall.

      Delete
  2. My thoughts, exactly...Being 71...it's never too late.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the prayers, yes we still have a lot of adventures to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are right it is nerver to late.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so good that you try to see the good side of things. I did the hours and already made an appt. for the next visit, and I don't let things bother me for too long, but that day was an awful day for sure, just sitting there waiting, mostly being around people that may have come through sick. But the Lord shielded me, and I am well. Have a blessed week, dear Nonie. You have much thankfulness, and that is very special. : )

    ReplyDelete