Friday 10 February 2023

Changing your mind

 We have all heard it or read it. You can change your circumstances by changing your mind.

Now, there is a lot I cannot change. I cannot change Steve's stoke or his stroke induced dementia.  I cannot fix his heart or do away with kidney failure. Those are the givens; those are set in place. 

What I can do is change my mind, I can change from poor me to be thankful I get to care for him. That this is a way I can take the journey with him.  I can thank God for giving me one more day with him. for the strength to hold on when it seems my little world is falling apart.

To march right over to the mirror and get out my makeup and comb my hair. to reach for my saved perfume. To realize those clothes my closet I am saving for the right time, are to be worn now. The right time is today.

Today is the day you have been saving all those special things for. the best dishes, the best earrings.

And yes, this is the Valentines Day you celebrate, you celebrate because you love today, you love what tomorrow will bring. You love that all of this is to propel you forward, not backwards.

You love, you changed your mind!

And I love to share with you my cuddler. 

  


4 comments:

  1. Just beautiful words, Nonie. That's all I can say.
    Oh, and your cat looks nice and gentle and has a pretty face. ; )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be praying for you and your Steve! I just don't really understand why so many bad things happen to good people...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Yes Drusilla is a sweet girl

    ReplyDelete