Wednesday 22 February 2023

I DID IT!

                                    I even took pictures. This was not easy and if you have agoraphobia, you will know what I am talking about.  This started with me, when Steve had his stroke and was in the hospital in Seattle.  There was no way I could stay with him more than a day and one night. The night I stayed I was in a chair, bathroom facilities were a long way away. It was miserable.  The kids had me come home, home is three hours away.  We tried to get the hospital to help us get him transferred home, once we found there was no reason for him to be in Seattle. 

Fast forward, to my first full-blown panic attack! I ended up in the hospital. I have never been able to get myself together. I am fine when I am home, just the thought of going out can send me into a full-blown panic attack.  Heart pounding, sweating palm's, no clear thoughts almost a feeling of being in a container and there is no way out.

Today, a volunteer came and watched Steve and I went to a store. By myself! almost the scariest thing I have ever done. You have no idea how much I love to read your blogs when you go shopping, especially when you go to cute little shops.  I go right along with you!

My neighbor told me about this store, hardly any people visit.  It has good prices and he thought this would be a good place to test my getting out. 
The name of the store is Grocery Outlet.  they had some really cute things, good prices, Off brands and some well-known brands, 



                              Those planters look interesting.

              It will take me a full day to stop shaking. did I mess up? yup! I did, but I made it, 

6 comments:

  1. Nonie, I get my groceries there sometimes! It has low prices, and the cutest things, especially with holiday stuff. Whenever I need a door mat, I find the cutest ones there for the seasons. I'm so glad you got out and about and went there for awhile. When you talked about our blogs and our shopping and you're right there along with us, I smiled, as I went shopping all day yesterday with my brother-in-law and son. Went to the mall and all the main stores, like Target and Michael's and such. It was a great day, but I was sore at the end of the day. I will post about it Monday, so you can feel like you're right there with me. I'm sorry you had a panic attack around the time Steve had his stroke, and ended up in the hospital. That must have been so scary. It was good that you tried to get out, I'm so pleased for you, Nonie.

    ~Sheri

    *Yes, you should join in the Wordless Wednesday. You'd be good at it, cause you always share interesting and wonderful photos! You don't have to do it every week, just when you have a fun picture to share. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sheri, you always lift me up/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about your anxiety! But look at You! You fought it off and got out Anyway!! Good Girl!
    I like to see where others shop, as well...fun!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will sure try to keep on.

      Delete
  4. Sorry about hubs. I have had a couple of panic attacks but, nothing major. I think I just allow myself to get worked up over things. I am able to control mine with breathing. But, I do remember when right after my mom past that I was in Kroger and had a major melt down. Had to leave. That was great that you were able to get through going to the store. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, I didn't think about breathing, next time I will try that. I just felt out of it.

      Delete