Tuesday 1 August 2017

I TOOK THE CHALLENGE

                                    31 days to Joyful living

Rattlebridge Farm blog, just finished a 31 day challenge to joyful living.    I found myself watching the clock waiting for her next blog post.  I was captivated by her writing, and a bit of envy.  How could this person who it looked on the surface have everything and not be joyful.  Boy!  did I learn a lesson.
I learned so much about the person but also about life.  
I don't think there is an age where we can stand up and shout "I got it!  I know the meaning of life".  Just not going to happen.
We can learn, to be joyful where ever we are planted, what ever difficulties we face because everyday there is something to be thankful for.
I have had a rough time with our last down size move.  This was not the house I wanted, the not you buyers got to it first. So I thought I would 'settle' for this one.  How pathetic could I be?   We had the kitchen remodeled and it is beautiful, but I just found something else to be unhappy about.
Then!  I took the challenge and now I have so much to be thankful for, so many ways each day to find joy.  I will share those, joyful day's with you.

 My lilies bring me much joy.  They were an Easter gift many years ago and yet the continue to grow and flower.

6 comments:

  1. Nonie, I read one time that grateful people are the happiest people. I think this is true. It's nice that you are finding many ways each day to find joy.

    Happy August to my new blog friend.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheri, how sweet of you. I will continue to share all that I have learned about 'me' and I so hope happiness is part of that learning.

      Delete
  2. That is wonderful, Nonie. We are getting ready to downsize and I am worried about it, too. We have moved 15 times over the years always going UP in size and now I will have to make a final move DOWN. Wish I had known about that challenge. I would have tried to do it. Blessings to you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She still has the challenge posted, so you can read through that and get out your journal. Down sizing can be a wonderful fun adventure. I just needed and attitude adjustment. LOL.

      Delete
  3. What a great post, Nonie...I think it's hard to make a move, especially as we get older.
    Even in my sorrow right now, I just have to look around, catching a glimpse of our son taking out trash...having a grandgirl come over to see me and mop my dining room floor for me...looking at the birth announcement of our newest great-grandboy...seeing a note on my counter from another grand, saying, "Hi, Memaw, I just stole 2 of your eggs...sorry I missed you and I love you." Oh, yes, I do indeed have so many blessings...and Mr. Sweet felt the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comment. Many prayers for you, you are so right, in the middle of the storm we can, and should be thankful.

    ReplyDelete