Monday 27 November 2017

SO, IT BEGINS

                             CHRISTMAS?

So, here we go.  The Christmas season has officially begun, or so they say.
I am not a black Friday person.  In fact, I love making my gifts.   I have been working on this years gifts since some time in April.  The biggest of all the gifts will go to my grandson.  
 I do not know why I didn't take a full picture of the top before it went off to the long arm lady.  A long arm person, is what we call people that have huge (long arm) machines that will quilt for you.
I have been thinking of maybe learning to do free motion quilting on my sewing machine, but, after a glass of wine I come to my senses and just send the tops out to be quilted.
Since the idea to make him a quilt didn't come until late, I think it was October!!  So I will not get it back until Dec.23rd. I do have to wait my turn. 

2 comments:

  1. That is going to be a wonderful present. How nice to have a long-arm lady! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of a long-arm person before for making quilts. Your quilt is charming, Nonie, and the colors are pretty. I think your grandson will appreciate it.

    I'm not a Black Friday person either. I don't dare go out on that day.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete