Friday 12 May 2023

"Not in Vain"

Emily Dickinson poem "Not in Vain" has always spoke to me.

(1886) by Emily Dickinson If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain: If I can ease one life the aching, Or cool one pain, Or help one fainting robin Unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain.

I think of it when I make and pray over these items for the hospital nursery. These item are for the precious little ones that go to heaven way to soon.

I do like making the gowns, hoping that it will ease the pain a little, Just to know that someone, somewhere cares.



Request from the hospital, also needed are items for babies to fragile to handle.

so I made a few of those.



Tiny blankets

The size of the blankets range from 6" to 10". I will make a few larger blankets..



I hope these bring some comfort to the broken hearts. Just making them helps my heart heal.

9 comments:

  1. Nonie, Those are so very sweet. Kind of you to help others too. When my twins were born, a friend of ours was having her baby the same time.. Her little baby did not make it but a few hours and she brought me the little gown she was going to take her baby home in. Broke my heart for her. You know a few years later she had twins too. God is good, even when our hearts hurt. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie, what a sweet story. God is indeed good.

      Delete
  2. God bless you for your kindness and love. I know you touch many hearts with these gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope it helps a broken heart

      Delete
  3. I have been thinking about doing the same thing, Nonie. We have had miscarriages in our family and I know how precious those items are to those suffering the loss of an angel baby.
    God bless you. You are such a good soul. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana, I do hope you will be able to make a few. If you need the instructions for the bunting let me know. The hospital has asked for more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very special thing that you do, Nonie. Your precious baby gowns and blankets are dear gifts sewn with love. I like the Emily Dickinson poem also. The soft colors you chose are just right.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I enjoy being able to help.

      Delete