Monday 14 August 2017

THE MIGHTY COLUMBIA

                   Our Amazing River

I guess I am what could be called a river rat.  I love spending time on the river.  One of the things I love the most is all the birds that also love the river.  I was going to say animals, but I didn't get the picture of the otter, I tried but he was to fast.
                    The Osprey are amazing.

I will do another post and tell you more about the Osprey. They are a protected bird and return year after year to the same nest.  Our PUD, has built places for them to nest, to keep them off of the power poles.  Along the river you will find these huge poles with Osprey nests on top.


By evening, they all seem to be home and ready to call it a day.












Another bird that we spot along the river is the Heron.





It is time to call it a day, but we will be back soon. Nothing compares to the time we get to spend on the river.

 

3 comments:

  1. The river is a peaceful place to be. The Heron is an extraordinary bird. What a sight it must have been to see them diving for fish. That last picture with the pink sunset is so pretty. A nice time spent on the river, Nonie.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The river changes so much, even hour by hour. A very peaceful place indeed. Love taking a snack on the boat and just drift and eat.

      Delete
  2. I feel the same way when I go with daughter to her lake house ...the lake is huge...and beautiful...i love getting up early, brewing coffee while I dress, go out on her deck, coffee in hand, and just watch the happenings of the lake..
    so peaceful and relaxing...love to you, Nonie

    ReplyDelete