Monday 6 February 2023

I just don't know

I really don't know what to do! I love Valentine's day but this year I don't know how to handle it.

Last week, I was all in. I was going to order flowers, get the candy and celebrate the way it should be celebrated! 


I started with the front porch. Added some decorations and thought that will take care of missing the Christmas decorations.


Add a heart to a Christmas bow and your good to go!



Now, I lost my Valentines mojo. I just feel sad and I want the whole thing to just go away! 

Not sure I will add the flowers and chocolates. 

Today, Steve slipped a little more, celebrating just doesn't feel right anymore.

I hate that feeling also. I want to fight back, to say it's okay, bring some joy into the house. Get excited when the floral truck shows up!!

Just don't know how to feel

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I understand, Nonie. This is such a hard time for you. But the few decorations that you put out really are cute. Just a simple wreath with a red bow and a red heart may bring a smile to your face when you come home and see it. I think you should treat yourself to some chocolates too. I always miss Christmas after it's over as well. I was still listening to Christmas songs in January. Take care, and please know this blog friend cares very much.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sweetheart...sending you hugs hugs and lottsa love!!
    It's about love...Loving the people around you You are SO blessed my little Love! Reach out and embrace those around you and Never allow your "heart light" to go out...Let it shine bright!
    Hugs sweet Lady
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you. I think it is hard to celebrate when we are watching a loved one become less and less of a person in physical and/or mental ways. I didn't do much of anything for Valentine's Day this year either and that is okay. Sending you a virtual hug- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again! I can't find your email addy anywhere....I thought I had it. Can you send me an email so I have your email address when you get a chance? dianakos1@gmail.com. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete