Monday 13 September 2021

I pray

God, give me the strength, the knowledge and the grace, to carry on.   As the days pass, Steve gets a little weaker, or forgets even more.

One of our daughters, lives three hours away.   That amounts to a six hour round trip. She comes to visit her dad, and he doesn't know who she is.  I know this just breaks her heart. We do the best we can, to tell him and usually it isn't very long and he say's "Oh yes". 

Now, I don't know if that means he really knows, or if he is still covering up the fact that he has no idea.   Sometimes she brings the boys with her, and then he wants me to write out their names.

Tastes and likes have all changed and that is just this past week.  Keeping up with groceries and having the right food,  has become an unwelcome chore.  I am leaning to cook a dish, have it rejected, then I put it in the freezer.  Our freezer is full by the way.

Who know, next week, it might be a favorite.   

The mess on my dresser, held a pink box.  That box came from my sister. That little pink box, holds my angels.



11 comments:

  1. I am so sorry, I will continue to keep you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to you. It is the hardest thing in the world, seeing your sweetheart fade away. Hold on to your faith, God is good. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Connie, I cherish all prayers, this is a very hard road.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nonie, bless your dear heart. I am praying for you this morning and trusting God to comfort you and hold you close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You are such a blessing to me, you were sent for a reason.

      Delete
  5. Oh Nonie, that pink box is precious. I thought it was a music box, but so glad you showed us that it was a "worry box" with sweet angels when you open the box. I'm so sorry life has been difficult for you lately. When I lived in So. Calif. I had groceries delivered to me, and that was a bit easier in some ways. Now that I'm in the mountains, they don't provide that service, so have to go myself. I'm wondering if you could have groceries delivered to your house and if that would make it easier on you? But then again, getting out for awhile might do you good too. May God comfort you during this difficult time, Nonie.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nonie, you remain in my prayers. I can’t begin to imagine how difficult it must be. Sending love, hugs, and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Sheri, I do get groceries delivered, or one of the kids will do the shopping. I was able to get out for a bit but Steve can't be left alone. so when he is up to it, I try to get out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pam, thank you. I wonder if you ever spot me walking in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish we were neighbors, Nonie!!! I'm sending you prayers and hugs!! KarenVA

    ReplyDelete